Click continue reading if you want to know how to make a box like this one it´s actually pretty easy to do ;)
Today I was reorganizing my shelf and I had this box with my external desktop storage in it. I always keep it in the original packing because I think I won´t find anything else to store it in more safely. As it is with those packings they aren´t the most beautiful ones so I thought why not pimp it up a little. And I think the way it looks now is much better.
Here is a pic of the box as it was before so you can see yourself
If you want to try it as well all you need is:
- a white cardboard
- a pair of scissors
- a pencil and a black fineliner
- a triangle ruler
- double-sided tape
1. At first you measure the sides of your box you want to decorate and draw the squares onto the cardboard. I was a little lazy and only decorated the two sides of the box which you can actually see when it is in my shelf :D but I think thats okay because nobody will take the box out anyway so no one will ever know (except if they read our blog)
2. Next step is you cut all the squares out (what a surprise :D)
3. Then you decide for a motive. You can choose whatever you want. I opted for a French Bulldog design because I really like those dogs and I thought it would look cool. I also decided to keep my drawings black and white but of course you can add color. I did a test drawing but you don´t necessarily have to do that.
4. The next step you don´t have to do but I laminated my drawings so they won’t crease
5. Last but not least you put the double-sided tape on the edges of the drawing and glue it onto the box.
I hope you enjoyed our first DIY. Let me know what you think of this box and if it´s a good idea or not :D
J & L